Lefkimi is located 52 km. northeast of Alexandroupoli. It is a beautiful, semi-mountainous village of about 150 residents. According to the evidence, the greater area of Lefkimi has been inhabited since the Neolithic period. The village was called “Kavatziki” (Turkish name); it was renamed “Lefkimi” by decree on 30-07-1924.
The points of interest for the visitors are the Dadia-Lefkimi-Soufli Forest National Park and the Petrified Forest of Lefkimi. Lefkimi is an area of a major ecological importance.